We talked to Dr. Olivier Loget of CapEval Pharma, the independent company providing development, registration as well as teaching services in the fields of pharmaceuticals, veterinary drugs and oncology, and he had the following to say about it.
First of all, how are you and your family doing in these COVID-19 times?
Dr. Olivier Loget: Fine, but busy. Thanks.
Tell us about you, your career, how you founded CapEval Pharma.
Dr. Olivier Loget: The following is a summary of my work experience:-
- More than 34 years of experience in the pharma industry
- Worked in toxicology departments since 1988
- Sanofi-Synthelabo SD (Paris area)
- Hazleton/Ricerca/CRL (Lyon), CIT Tox Dpt Dir (Evreux)
- Roche (Basel), Addex Pharma NCD Dpt Dir (Geneva)
- OriBase Pharma CSO (Montpellier)
- CapEval Pharma CEO (Geneva area)
- Founded CapEval Pharma in 2010
- Author or co-author of more than 20 publications
- Co-founder of the European Society of Laboratory Animal Veterinarians and President of the International Society of Ocular Toxicology. Lecturer teaching preclinical R&D, toxicology in drug development and ocular examination in several Research Institutes (INSERM, INRA), Universities and Veterinary Schools.
The know-how you need
CapEval Pharma is an independent company providing development, registration as well as teaching services in the fields of pharmaceuticals, veterinary drugs and oncology.
The key experience and proficiency of its scientists specialized in various fields of expertise consist of assessment, selection and management of oncology drug development projects, due diligence assistance and implementation, ocular examination, cardiovascular examination, medical writing, scientific translations, public subvention dossiers, fundraising and implementation and development of marketing partnerships.
Our more than 30-year experience in drug development offers an efficient and high-quality service to our partners. The accuracy, organization and high standards of information and communication based on modern technologies enable CapEval Pharma to give you the assurance of confidentiality in the investigation and completion of your projects with the vigilance essential to timely, truthful, precise and efficient reporting and submission.
Assisting you in closely managing your objectives makes CapEval Pharma your ideal partner for the development of your products by their appropriate assessment, taking into consideration the evolving requirements of the international regulatory authorities.
We work in close collaboration with our partners by implementing constant and transparent communication with you, ensuring the fulfilment of your expectations throughout the course of the project.
Partnership for the development of your products
Research and documentation
- Scientific, technical and regulatory literature survey
- Scientific translation
- Implementation of thematic documents
- The actualization of scientific documents
- Regulatory, scientific and technological vigilance
- Consultancy on data requirements
- Organization and monitoring of experimental studies from study design and study plan to study report with strict respect for regulations and rules
- Study plan and study report review
Dossiers and support
- Assessment with specific emphasis to
- Non-clinical Drug Safety
- Safety strategy implementation
- Regulatory writing
- Support for non-clinical safety departments during activity peaks (experimental data assessment, draft report writing)
- Problem solving and strategy proposals for exploratory and mechanistic experimentations.
- Actualization and adaptation to international requirements
- Preparation for submission with international recommendations
- Public subventions
- Partnership plans: co-development of new products or new technologies
Cardiovascular pharmacology and ophthalmology
- Contribution to laboratory animal ocular adverse effects interpretation
- Contribution to the interpretation of laboratory animal cardiac morphology and function
- Assessment of relevance for human species and related clinical risk
- Laboratory animal ocular examination
Primary pharmacology, proof of efficacy and pharmacokinetics
- Advices to project teams regarding efficacy studies strategy and challenges
- CRO audit, assessment, selection and monitoring
- Dose selection
- Data interpretation and writing
Toxicology, safety pharmacology
- Advices to project teams regarding toxicity studies strategy and challenges
- CRO assessment, selection and monitoring
- Data interpretation and writing
- DEREK in silico prediction.
- Preliminary study implementation and performance. For example, MPF selection.
- Regulatory study design, implementation and monitoring
- Registration for pharmaceuticals (NCE’s and biologicals), veterinary drugs
- Registration for agrochemicals
- Notification for chemicals
- Technical dossier of information for cosmetics
- Expert reports
- Follow-up and discussions with appropriate competent authorities.
- Opportunity search, identification and assessment
- Preparation and implementation
- In and out-licensing, co-development partnership
Scientific and technical teaching and course organization
- Non-Clinical Development
- Cardiovascular examination
- In vivo experimentation
- On-demand topic
- On-site or at client facilities
How does CapEval Pharma innovate?
Dr. Olivier Loget: Several innovative investigations in various therapeutic areas, focusing on emerging diseases, ophthalmology and non-clinical safety.
How does the coronavirus pandemic affect your business finances?
Dr. Olivier Loget: We had more opportunities and had to adapt to new projects.
Did you have to make difficult choices regarding human resources, and what are the lessons learned?
Dr. Olivier Loget: Hiring seems to be necessary because of a lot of new projects, but it is difficult to anticipate how long this is going to last.
How did your customer relationship management evolve? Do you use any specific tools to be efficient?
Dr. Olivier Loget: We keep working with trust. Most of the customers do have additional projects against COVID-19.
Did you benefit from any government grants, and did that help keep your business afloat?
Dr. Olivier Loget: We renewed our CIR accreditation for the fourth time and for three additional years, allowing our customers to get a 30% tax refund.
Your final thoughts?
Dr. Olivier Loget: We are confident in the development of companies in our field for supporting drug development in any circumstances, from Discovery to the market.
Top of the month
INNOVATORS VS COVID 192 weeks ago
The Upcoming Retail Chain of India is Set to be the King of the Convenience Industry
Lifestyle10 months ago
15 Effective Ways of Dealing with Criticism & negative comments
Resources4 months ago
TOP 105 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2021
News2 weeks ago
Furniture Removal Services now closer to you