First of all, how are you and your family doing in these COVID-19 times?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: We are doing hard work during COVID-19 times, and we developed many new products, especially health care products based on our core technology.
Tell us about you, your career, how you founded Enfucell.
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: My whole life is about invention and innovation. The company was founded on the invention of Soft Battery, which is valuable for many applications such as IoT, wearable electronics, beauty, medical cosmetics, medical devices, and smart, intelligent packaging.
How does Enfucell innovate?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: Innovation is generated via a combination of market needs and technology development. Our way is mainly from our invention as a first stage. The second stage is to find the needs of the market. Based on our core technology and customer’s need, we develop secondary innovation work. Then the products go to market.
How the coronavirus pandemic affects your business, and how are you coping?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: The pandemic affected use in the following ways.
1. The pandemic is surely negative to our business. Many on-going projects have been delayed or even canceled. Company cashflow becomes a challenge;
2. Based on the COVID-19 situation, we have had more time to make innovation work, especially valuable to the healthcare section. We developed the thinnest body temperature patch, which can be used to monitor temperature online and continuously for many months;
3. Now it looks that business is going to pick up.
Did you have to make difficult choices, and what are the lessons learned?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: Yes.
1. We had a temperature patch for cold chain management due to the COVID-19. We made innovation, from which a new product (body temperature patch) has been produced. The product is now under mass production;
2. The most important lesson for a tech startup is that cash visibility should be longer. I suppose that one year is definitely the shortest period.
How do you deal with stress and anxiety?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: Thinking positively and doing physical exercise are the way to come stress and anxiety.
Who are your competitors? And how do you plan to stay in the game?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: Our technology is one of the best in the world. At this moment, we do not really have competitors. However, well-advanced technology is facing a market challenge. We are looking for cooperators who will share with us the value and benefit of the technology.
Your final thoughts?
Dr. Xiachang Zhang: It would be great that this interview will bring us more customers and cooperators.
Top of the month
Tips and support2 months ago
Sponsored Posts: Everything You Should Know About Publishing It
INNOVATORS VS COVID 193 weeks ago
Smallpdf Grows and Transforms during the Pandemic
Resources2 weeks ago
How to Strengthen the Email Security of Your Company?
Resources3 weeks ago
Top Chinese Social Media Platforms You Need To Know