Tell us a few words about the founders and how the idea came
Your products and services
HousingAnywhere.com is a peer to peer marketplace and we have three different clients: students, accommodation advertisers, and universities, so we tailor our service to each one.
- Students can search for rooms, studios, and apartments and book their new home online without any intermediaries. Students can also sublet their room to other students while they’re away on exchange.
- Advertisers: landlords, housing operators and anyone with a spare room can use the platform to reach and rent to a market which they wouldn’t be able to reach through agencies. With our advertiser dashboard, their inventory can be managed from one place completely online.
- For the universities that we partner with, as the number of students going on exchange grows year on year, we help relieve the pressure that’s on accommodation offices as they can track their student bookings through the platform.
Your success factors
We partner with universities around the world (more than 160 universities currently) who then refer HousingAnywhere to their students.
Innovative booking system: payment of the first-month rent through the platform. The funds are held by HousingAnywhere until 48 hours after the tenant moves in, allowing for the student to let us know if the room is as advertised, the funds are then transferred to the advertiser.
Your factors differentiating and disruptive compared to the existing
We’re currently the only open marketplace dealing with mid-term rentals, where tenants and advertisers can freely communicate with each other and book accommodation in a safe environment without any intermediaries.
Your business model
- 25% service fee from tenants
- Commission fee from advertisers, first booking free.
- Yearly subscription from university partners.
A few words about your competitors
Global competitors: Uniplaces.com, Spotahome.com, and Student.com
Local competitors such as agencies but these can be considered indirect as they don’t market to international students.
Top of the month
INNOVATORS VS COVID 193 weeks ago
The Upcoming Retail Chain of India is Set to be the King of the Convenience Industry
Lifestyle10 months ago
15 Effective Ways of Dealing with Criticism & negative comments
Resources4 months ago
TOP 105 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2021
News2 weeks ago
Furniture Removal Services now closer to you