Tell us a few words about the founders and how the idea came
Our founder Franciscah Nzanga; a Certified Micro-insurance Expert and Principal Officer for a global micro-insurance firm; decided to start Mama Mzazi Mommy and Me after her pregnancy and childbirth experience. Having been hospitalized at 7 months of pregnancy and being put on bed rest thereafter she found herself scared, confused and with little information on what was happening.
After the birth of her daughter in 2015 came with it another list of challenges from the basics such as breastfeeding to complementary feeding, potty training and much more. She found herself constantly researching online on different things pertaining to child care and with little information relevant for the Kenyan market she took regular trips to the doctors just to ensure that she was doing it right. It is at this point that she wondered how other mothers went about their childcare challenges.
The world assumes that every mother has a secret book on how to take care of a baby which makes most mothers hesitant to ask for advice. Other mothers also just shy away due to the high consultation fees and find themselves using traditional and outdated child care methods passed down through generations; such as blowing on the head of a choking baby to stop the choking.
It is for this reason that Mama Mzazi Mommy and Me was born, to empower every mother and bridge the gap between them and the child care information they so desperately need.
Link to online video
Your products and services
As Mama Mzazi Mommy and Me our goal is to support and empower mothers. We do this in four (4) main ways:
- Provision of child care information on our online platforms tailor made for the Kenyan market and backed up by research, experience and expert advice.
- Mama Mzazi Talks: we host monthly live discussion forums with expert guest speakers dubbed Mama Mzazi Talks. With a mobile penetration in Kenya of 88% mothers are able to join the discussion from the comfort of their homes and ask any questions they might have.
- Pediatric First Aid Training: According to the WHO 2,000 children die every day due to accidental fatal injuries. We look to change these statistics by offering Pediatric First Aid training for mothers and care givers where we use dummy dolls to make the sessions more lively and memorable.
- Provision of Manual and automatic breast pumps at affordable prices, which helps us fund our other activities.
Your success factors
For us success means being able to reach and impact the life of the everyday mom by letting them know they are not alone in their motherhood journey. Our content has reached a total of 20,000+ mothers with our talks reaching a total of 10,000+ mothers. By the end of 2018 our aim is to reach and empower a total of 100,000 mothers through our different channels.
Your factors differentiating and disruptive compared to the existing
Unlike our competitors our main focus is the everyday mom and we look to offer them real like solutions to their everyday challenges. With our team of volunteer child care experts and based on our research and experience we are able to ensure that the information we rely is relevant for the Kenyan market, such as healthy recipes using easily accessible local products. We were also the first to introduce the provision of child care talks and discussion forums via online platforms such as Facebook Live.
Your business model (how do you make money?)
Our main sources of revenue is through:
- the provision of Pediatric First Aid Classes to mother groups, day cares and other child care givers;
- through the sell of manual and automatic breast pumps; and
- through our recently introduced advertising provision for our online talks.
Top of the month
Resources10 months ago
TOP 105 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2021
Lifestyle2 weeks ago
How Long Does it Take to be Good at Piano?
Resources1 week ago
Chromecast with Google TV vs. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K: Which is the Best Streaming Device?
Resources2 weeks ago
5 Reasons To Use Virtual Offices For Your Business