Tell us a few words about the founders and how the idea came
Africa’s image in the media is often distorted, one-dimensional view – that sees the continent only through a prism of war, disease, poverty, starvation and corruption. This ‘single story’ (The failure to represent Africa fairly) has had massive effect on many African youth. Nobody is pretending that Africa’s many serious problems should be played down or ignored, but the rest of the world, and Africans themselves, need to hear the good news stories as well.
Africans in particular need to take ownership of the positive narrative to become ambassadors for positive change. At Rising Africa, we want to change the African single story.
Rising Africa was founded by a team of three young, driven and above all passionate African’s with the core mandate of telling the African success story.
Your products and services
Our portals Rising Africa runs
- website (www.risingafrica.org),
- mobile applications – android and IOS – (www.risingafrica.org/app/)
- and social media portals (Facebook – facebook.com/risingafrica.org/, Twitter – twitter.com/risingafricaorg, and Instagram – instagram.com/risingafricaorg/)
all aimed at telling and celebrating the African success story.
Our one and a half year old website is already averaging about a hundred thousand article views monthly and we are projecting monthly unique visitors of 500,000 by the end of the first quarter of 2017.
Our stories cover Africans at all age levels (Wonder Kids section covers Africans from age 7 to 12, Super Teens between 13 to 19 years old and Young Achievers from 20 to 30 years old) and in every sector of the economy (Science, Business, Entrepreneurship, Governance, Technology, Education, Sports, Agriculture, Education, Medicine, Entertainment and more). We also have a special section celebrating WOMEN in Africa and another for persons living with disability.
- RISING AFRICA SERIES – These are viral e-flyer artworks with short inspiration stories of African’s doing great things to serve as an inspiration to Africa’s youth. These e-flyers are shared on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram, LinkedIn…). Find samples here
- THE AFRICAN RENAISSANCE Magazine – coming soon by first quarter of 2017
- RAN Africa (Rising African Network – RAN) is our network of passionate persons who want to be change agents on the continent. Network members will have the opportunity to organize local networking events to promote empowerment, activism, mentorship, entrepreneurship, community engagement and career development amongst RISING AFRICANS.
- SHEROES OF AFRICA – At Rising Africa, we put women at the centre stage. We believe that women are powerful and key catalyst for change.In www.sheroesofafrica.org, we hope to build a community for our sheroes, allowing them connect with each other and share experiences through forum discussions, contributing articles, attending capacity building and networking events and giving back to society through mentoring and coaching the younger generation and the underprivileged.
- Kidpreneurs Ghana exists to spark an entrepreneurial and leadership spirit in the next generation, equipping and empowering them with the confidence, resilience, creativity and critical thinking to thrive in their future careers. We partner with schools (Primary and Junior High Schools- JHS) in Ghana to teach students entrepreneurship and leadership skills as an extracurricular program.
Your success factors
Rising Africa (www.RisingAfrica.org) is a pan-African social enterprise with a core agenda of changing the narrative about Africa on the media landscape. At Rising Africa, we want to populate the media space with inspiring success stories of Africa.
Our vision is to become the #1 inspirational hub that celebrate and inspire African success.
Your factors differentiating and disruptive compared to the existing
We seek to provide an aggregator (one-stop platform) for all these great African stories scattered all over the internet and other media platforms and that makes us unique in that space.
Your business model (how do you make money?)
Our business model is mainly through advertising on our platforms, corporate sponsorship and partnership with our events and mandate and donation from people who identify with our mission.
A few words about your competitors
Our potential competitors are primarily focused on general news on Africa whiles we have our niche on success story of Africa making us unique.
To learn more about us