Tell us a few words about the founders and how the idea came
My name is Jummai Victor Tela, I am married with four kids, living in the northern and I am a farmer. I have been farming peanut in subsistence level for the past eight years. Peanut is one of the natural resources in my country Nigeria, it is very rich but have not properly and efficiently utilized which I believed is one of the reasons why poverty and malnutrition is very high. I saw the nutrient value in peanut and the potentiality of using it to make nutritious yoghurt. That was brought this idea of making affordable peanut yoghurt for consumption in Nigeria.
Your products and services
- Milking peanut
- Production of fresh peanut yoghurt
- Peanut support services
- Peanut farming
- Sale and export of peanut products
- Sale of fresh peanut
- Sale of peanut shell to animal farmers
- Sales of chaff to animal farmers
- Peanut farming related consultancy and advisory services
Your success factors
Strength, Opportunities, Market Trends, Our Target Market, Our Competitive Advantage.
Your factors differentiating and disruptive compared to the existing
From research, entrepreneurs are known to flock towards an industry that is known to generate consistent income which is why we want to venture into this business that is first of it’s kind in Nigeria and of course in most parts of the world.
Your business model (how do you make money?)
It is a known fact that the reason why some business hardly make good profits is their inability to sell off their products to a larger market. In view of that, we decided to set up a standard peanut yoghurt processing and packing plant to help us maximize profits.
Over and above, we will perfected our sale and marketing strategies first by networking with agriculture merchants and companies that rely on raw materials from the peanut farms industry who are likely to refer become our customers. In summary, the business will adopt the following strategies in marketing our peanut yoghurt and other peanut products;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to stake holders in the agriculture industry, companies that rely on peanut for their raw materials, hotels and restaurants and agriculture produce merchant etc.
- Advertise our business in agro – allied and food related magazines and websites
- List our peanut products on yellow pages (local directories)
- Attend related agriculture and food expos, seminars, and business fairs.
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage in direct marketing
- Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing (referrals)
A few words about your competitors
We are, is fully aware that there are competitions when it comes to selling peanut and other peanut products all over the globe, which is why we decided to carry out thorough market research and feasibility studies so as to know how to take advantage of the available market in Nigeria and in other parts of the world on this particular business scares in operative globally .
Top of the month
Lifestyle9 months ago
15 Effective Ways of Dealing with Criticism & negative comments
Resources2 months ago
TOP 105 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2021
INNOVATORS VS COVID 192 weeks ago
From a Freelancer to a Serial Entrepreneur and Digital Marketer
Information Technology2 weeks ago
Business is Like Biology! The Survivors of the COVID-19 Pandemic