Multimedia software supports the editing, creation, and playback of audio, visual, and multimedia files. These tools come in all shapes and sizes and for different purposes.
Best multimedia software
Entertainers, journalists, and start-ups use multimedia files for promotional purposes. The content can include videos like on YouTube and Vimeo.
Always figure out the multimedia software that will best fit your purpose. Check out these great multimedia applications if you need new software for your diverse projects.
Multimedia Software for You
All of the multi-purpose multimedia software has many features and capabilities. But each has different purposes with differing workflows. If you’re looking for a one-stop solution, check out the best-rated multimedia software in the list below:
What if we told you that you could combine a powerful multimedia editor with a comprehensive, leading-edge authoring tool? iSpring Suite is precisely that: the software allows you to create interactive online courses with professional audio and video narration quickly and easily.
You can create a video lecture, combine a screen recording with a webcam recording, or add audio commentary to your slide-based presentation. Screencasts are also easy to make if you want to create an effective explainer video or a software tutorial. You can even import pre-recorded audio and video files into your content. If you want to feel more confident while presenting live audio or video commentary, simply add notes to your slides and rely on them during the recording.
iSpring Suite has its built-in Narration Editor that offers extensive functionality and works wonders for all your recording needs. You can adjust mic and camera settings, trim the length of your recording, synchronize slides with audio and video, improve audio quality, and add captions – you name it. It’s a great tool that definitely offers more than one can typically expect from eLearning authoring software.
You can try iSpring Suite for free and enjoy its capabilities during a 14-day trial.
What’s great about iSpring Suite?
- It’s an easy-to-use tool that even complete beginners can master quickly.
- It supports webcam recording, screencasting, and audio recording in a variety of formats.
- You can import pre-recorded audio and video files to add to your content.
- Multimedia content created with iSpring Suite plays perfectly on all types of devices.
- It has the built-in Narration Editor with advanced features for refining your recordings.
- It’s a powerful yet intuitive authoring tool that works in the familiar PowerPoint environment.
Microsoft Windows 7/8/10/11 (32- and 64-bit), macOS with Intel processors using Parallel Desktop.
2. Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate
Do you want to get introduced to the best multimedia software? Here, we are introducing you to one of the most powerful and useful multimedia software named Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate. This program has built-in 10 recording tools that can record video, game screens, iPhone screens, Android screens, screen activities, locked windows, webcam, audio, and more. With its rich and smart functions, you can make a recording so efficiently. You will be able to lock the gameplay window to record your game without any kind of distractions. It allows you to customize your recording area and schedule recording. Also, you can edit your recording by trimming the length of the recording or adjusting the volume as per your needs. This ultimate recorder can be used on any occasion such as business, work, teaching, studying, entertainment, general use, etc. You can adjust the video sound and microphone sound free while recording a video with this tool. Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate can be downloaded for free on Windows or MacOS and the full version of this software can be purchased for only $19.99.
What’s great about Eassiy Screen Recorder Ultimate?
- Provides rich smart functions like scheduling a recording, customizing the recording area, auto-stop recording, real-time annotation, and more.
- Able to record locked windows exclusively with no interruption even while you are using other software.
- Supports recording webcam with the screen.
- Offers 4 screen capture modes – Auto, Magnifier, WinRT, and DXGI.
- Allows you to continue unsaved recordings.
- Various formats like MP4, MOV, WMV, F4V, MP3, WMA, M4A, PNG, JPG/JPEG, GIF, etc. are supported to export.
- Advanced features such as lock recording window, around mouse recording, follow mouse recording, exclude window recording, long phone video recording, moving when recording, and much more are offered to help you in the recording.
- Important points can be highlighted while recording.
- Different recording and editing tools are available to make a recording smoothly.
Supported Platforms: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit & 64-bit); Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, 11 Big Sur, 12 Monterey
3.TunesKit AceMovi Video Editor
TunesKit AceMovi Video Editor is a lightweight video editing software made for beginners. It doesn’t matter if you’re totally new and have no experience in video editing, it’s slick self-explanatory interface will introduce you what each button and section can do.
What if a video editor does more than just video editing? AceMovi Video Editor surprises users with its bonus screen record, voice over record and even web cam record capabilities. This all-in-one video editor also provides AI silence detection feature to simplify your workflow. If you’re a YouTuber or streamer, this feature will help you automatically delete the silent part in your recordings.
As a beginner-friendly video editing software, AceMovi is mounted with 1000+ animated stickers, background music, sound effects, text templates, filters, transitions, animations, effects and split-screens. If you’re using a low-end PC, the preview section offers options to turn down the playback resolution to as low as 1/16.
What’s great about TunesKit AceMovi Video Editor?
- 1000+ free resources, transitions, effects and split-screens
- AI powered silence detection
- Supports screen recording, voice over and web cam recording
- Beginners and low-end PC friendly
- Supports a wide range of output formats
Supported Platforms: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit & 64-bit); Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, 11 Big Sur, 12 Monterey
4.VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate
As an all-in-one video converter, VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate provides powerful video conversion feature, enabling users to easily convert the video/audio formats among 1,000+ output options without quality loss.
Meanwhile, also equipped with the advanced video editor and multi-functional toolbox, it enables you to adjust and manage the videos/audio before exporting them easily within the software.
Highlighted Features of VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate
- Compatible with 1,000+ mainstream output formats;
- HD, 4K, 5K, and even up to Ultra HD 8K resolutions supported to output converted videos;
- Ultrafast conversion enabled us to speed up the batch conversion 50X faster;
- Powerful built-in video editor available to specialize the output videos in unique ways;
- Extra multi-functional toolbox provided to compress, edit, adjust, or create special video effects freely as you desire.
Supported Platforms: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32 bit or 64 bit); Mac OS X 10.12 or above (macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey)
Movavi Video Suite is multimedia video editing software created to help users edit their favorite movies and music. The application also has an easy-to-use interface that allows you to organize your videos in only a few minutes.
Movavi Video Suite
One of the program’s main features is the ability to convert any video file into another format without the quality being lowered. You can download the software from their official website, and once installed, check your home screen whenever you connect an external storage device like a memory card to your phone to confirm.
What Sets Movavi Video Suite Apart?
● Allows quick editing of images and videos
● Supports screen recording
● Can convert any video into another format without losing quality
● Supports different file formats
Supported Platforms: Windows 10, 8, and 7; older versions of the software include support for XP and Vista up to 32 bit
6. VLC Media
VLC is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player developed by the VideoLAN project. The software can play almost any multimedia file available today without complicated setup or configurations.
VLC media player
You can play video, audio, music, DVDs, VCDs, podcasts with the software. VLC can also do live streams and capture streaming protocols, including RTP, HTTP, and UDP.
VLC is user-friendly, which makes multimedia projects easy to complete and allows users to capture parts of their screens by acting as a webcam.
The media player can also convert one file type into another, so if your file isn’t supported, it might support it with a simple drag and drop into the software.
VLC has enormous capabilities, features, and supported file types. VLC makes it easy for people to enjoy media without any restrictions. That is why users can use it in varied projects without worrying.
How to Use VLC to Its Full Potential
- Install VLC Player
- Download and install VLC Player
- Customize the interface and layout
- Once you have installed it, you can click on View> Interface to change the settings of the VLC media player. This allows you to choose from several preset layouts or customize them to your liking.
What Sets VLC Apart?
- VLC is easy to use and has wide support for file types. That’s why VLC is among the best media players available.
Supported Platforms: Windows10, Windows XP, and Windows Vista
KMPlayer supports different multimedia files like audio, video, and pictures. The interface is easy to navigate, with buttons for each function located on the top toolbar.
KMPlayer has many features that make it one of the current best multimedia software applications. Users can download subtitles using this program which is excellent for language learners.
Like VLC, KMPlayer can play many file types, making it easy to complete media projects. You can also capture screens and easily add captions to your clips.That also makes it ideal for business projects.
How to Use KMPlayer to Its Full Potential
- Download and install KMPlayer
- Add a subtitle file to a video file
- Once you have downloaded KMPlayer, all you need to do is load the video and click “subtitle.” You can then choose from a list of available subtitles, select your preferred language, and adjust the size as needed.
Supported Platforms: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista
PotPlayer is a multimedia player developed by a South Korean Company called Kakao. The player supports several different formats, which makes it easy to use. It is compatible with various file types like MP3, AVI, AAC,and MPEG.
PotPlayer allows users to capture screens with audio included, import subtitles for videos, and edit video files. It has a built-in codec, so if Pot Player doesn’t support your file, the software will automatically convert it to a supported file type.
The program comes with built-in codecs like DXVA, DScaler5, VFW/ACM, and more than 20 types of video filters.
How to Use PotPlayer to Its Full Potential
- Download and install PotPlayer.
- Record your screen with audio included.
- First, you need to open the program and find the file you want to convert, then click File> Capture A/V. You can then choose between “Video” or “Audio” capture mode. This will allow you to convert any file that Pot Player doesn’t support into one compatible.
- Better audio performance
- Easy to use interface
- Easily customizable
Supported Platforms: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista
Kodi multimedia tool
With Kodi, you can do many things on your computer, like watching TV, movies, listening to music, and playing video games. It’s easy to use since you only have to install the software and create profiles for each media file.
Kodi has a built-in web server that makes it easy to share its media files with other users. You can install it on different operating systems, thus accessible to everyone.
This free software is popular among multimedia enthusiasts because of its broad compatibility for different file types. There are also many 3rd party add-ons that allow users to customize the interface and make it even better.
How To Use Kodi
- Download and Install Kodi
- Create profiles for all your media files.
- Start by visiting the official website and downloading the program. Once you have it on your computer, open it and click “Add-on.” From there, select “Program Add-ons,” then “Web Browsers,” and lastly, “Html-5.”
- Easy to share media with other users
- Allows you to customize your viewing experience
Supported Platforms: Windows, Linux, Android OS, iOS
Vidmate is one of the most downloaded multimedia apps in Google Playstore. You can use the app to download videos from different websites and convert them into MP3 files. It’s an excellent tool for listening to music without worrying about all the other things that come with it.
Vidmate multimedia tool
You can download the program from the official website or Google Play Store. Once you have it on your phone, you need to open the program and start browsing videos.
After finding a video you want, select it and press “share.” It will take you to a menu where you can choose the download format ( MP3, 3GP, WEBM ), the quality of the video and decide whether you want the video to have subtitles.
- Great for downloading music
- Easy to use interface
- Supports different file formats, including MP3, WEBM, 3GP, etc
Supported Platforms: Android OS, Windows Phone 8.0, BlackBerry 10.3+
iTunes is a multimedia app that Apple Inc developed. The software allows managing files, downloading music from the internet, and creating playlists of your favorite songs.
iTunes media player
You can download iTunes from Apple’s official website or on your computer if you already have it on your phone. Because of all the features included in this app, it can be a little complicated to use for some people.
Once you have the program on your computer, open it and select “My Music.” After that, click “add a folder,” located in the top left corner. This will allow you to add music from your hard drive into iTunes. You can then organize each song into different playlists.
- You can use it to manage different files on your computer and phone
- Supports a variety of file formats including .m4a, MPEG , 3AAC , etc.
Supported Platforms: Windows XP SP2 or later, OS X version 10.5 or higher, iOS devices, and Android device
Windows media player
Media Player is a multimedia app developed by Microsoft. The program is ideal for playing different audio and video files on your computer or phone. Many people use it for listening to music, watching movies, and also playing CDs
You can download the software from the official website or through your Windows OS’s autoplay feature once you connect your phone.
Once you’ve set it up, Windows Media Player will automatically appear on your home screen whenever you connect an external storage device like a memory card to your computer.
What Makes it Better?
- Supports all types of audio and video files
- Allows you to manage different media files through one interface
- Allows you to share files with other Windows OS users
- Works on computers and phones
- Supports different file formats, including MP3, WMA, M4A, 3GP, etc.
Supported Platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
MediaMonkey is also one of the most downloaded multimedia programs on Google Playstore. The program allows you to download and organize music and videos from different websites and create playlists for each one.
It has an easy-to-use interface, and most people can learn how to use it within a few minutes. All you need to do is press the “Add” button on the left side of the page and select which files you want to download.
After adding all your favorite songs, you can organize them into new playlists and even share them with your friends on Facebook or Twitter.
- Allows you to download different files from YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.
- Supports all major file formats, including MP3, 3GP, etc.
- Sync WiFi with MediaMonkey for Android
- Can record and Download movies
Supported Platforms: Windows XP SP3 or later, OS X version 10.4 or higher, Android version 2.1 and up
AIMP media player
AIMP is another free software developed by AIMP DevTeam. Many people use it for playing music on your computer or phone. Its main features include lossless audio, gapless playback, and an equalizer to change the sound quality.
AIMP is available on their official website for download. You can also download it through Google Play Store or your Windows OS’s autoplay feature once you connect an external storage device like a memory card to your computer.
Once installed, AIMP will appear on your home screen whenever you connect an external storage device like a memory card to your phone. You can then use this program to play all of your favorite songs.
- Supports all major file formats, including MP3, etc.
- Allows you to create playlists for each one of your favorite songs
- You can use it on computers and phones
Supported Platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
15. Filmage editor
With a Filamge editor, you will edit videos like a pro, even if you are not. Creating stunning visuals with complicated edits and montages shouldn’t be difficult. Remove all obstacles to your inspiration and creativity with Filmage Editor, an easy-to-master tool for professional video editing.
You can get Filamge editor with other 240+ apps inside Setapp, just for $9,99 per month.
Setapp includes a lot of apps that can support your workflow, like CameraBag Pro, Capto, Luminar and many others.
> Allows you to edit frame by frame, work with multitrack timelines, add overlays, filters, picture-in-picture, and more.
> The simple usage of the blur feature hides any content you want to keep unseen.
> Keyframe enables you to create stylish animated titles, stickers, logos, and images.
> Depending on your editing needs, you can choose to delete (the usual way) or ripple delete (with remaining clips merging automatically) and not worry about the mess!
Supported Platforms: macOS, IOS
Why Should You Use Them?
Using these multimedia apps can help you kill time and enjoy your favorite songs anytime. You can use them on computers, laptops, or smartphones.
Most of the tools are also free; therefore, you won’t have to pay any extra money to download them from the internet. However, if you want other features, such as the ability to record and download music, you may need to pay a small one-time fee.
Other than that, these ten best multimedia apps are all easy to use, and you can learn how to use them within minutes of downloading them for personal development . You no longer have to rely on CDs or online streaming to listen to your favorite songs anymore.
So, don’t wait any longer and try these multimedia apps today! They’re a great way to have fun no matter how bored you are!
Get Started Today!
If you want to make the most out of listening to your favorite songs, you’ll need one of these programs. These multimedia software options can help you download music and videos from different websites, organize them into playlists, and even turn your computer or phone into a streaming service that delivers all types of media files to wherever you are.
These are some of the ten best multimedia apps on the market right now, so download them today and enjoy them on your computer, smartphone, or tablet!
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup (iOS/Android)
Resources9 months ago
How to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Passcode without Restore
News4 weeks ago
How to Restore Deleted Data from Android Phones without Backup
Resources2 weeks ago
Wealth DNA Code Reviews – (WARNING) What Customers Real Experience? Update 2023!