When I searched for a PDF editor the other day, a friend suggested I try out PDFelement for Mac and Windows. It is an online PDF editor that is completely free to use. Compared to other online PDF tools, it does not require users to provide personal information. Users only need to upload the PDF file they want to modify into the app to start the editing process.
PDFelement is an excellent PDF tool that may make otherwise laborious tasks easier to complete. It is a more cost-effective and functional alternative to Adobe Acrobat and gives you complete control over PDF files and pages. In addition, it can fill in an existing PDF form or build a new one, convert scanned PDF to Word and Excel documents, as well as PowerPoint, HTML, EPUB, picture, and text files. So, read on as we learn what is OCR PDF in this article!
Part 1: What is OCR, and why is PDF OCR needed?
OCR is an abbreviation for optical character recognition. The technology to identify text inside pictures, such as scanned documents and photographs, is standard. OCR technology transforms almost any image containing typed, handwritten, or printed text into machine-readable text data.
For example, transforming printed paper documents into machine-readable text documents. Once a scanned paper document undergoes OCR processing, the text then gets modified using word processors such as:
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Before the advent of OCR technology, the only way to digitize printed paper documents was to manually retype the text, which was time-consuming and riddled with typos and inaccuracies.
OCR is often utilized as a “hidden” technology, powering several well-known systems and services. Less well-known but equally crucial OCR applications include:
- Airport passport recognition.
- Traffic sign awareness.
- Contact information extracted from papers or business cards.
- Converting handwritten notes to text that a machine can read.
- Defeating anti-bot CAPTCHA systems.
- Creating searchable electronic documents similar to Google Books and PDFs.
- Documents like bank statements, invoices, and receipts that need data input.
- Assistive devices for the blind.
The use of OCR technology to digitize old newspapers and texts then turns into completely searchable forms. It also has facilitated and accelerated access to these earlier writings.
Part 2: Introduction of Wondershare PDFelement:
Wondershare PDFelement transforms scanned PDFs into editable formats. It is a robust, user-friendly PDF editor that allows you to generate, manage, and protect your files with its adjustable price, feature-rich modules, and flawless performance. It is a document management system used by several prestigious firms.
Download Wondershare PDfelement and try it for free.
Part 3: Step-by-Step Process to use PDFelement for OCR PDF
PDFelement requires only three steps to convert scanned PDF to Word format. Follow the instructions below to discover the most straightforward approach to converting PDF to Word using OCR.
Step 1: Start PDFelement on your PC as the first step. Click “Open File” to open your scanned PDF file immediately.
Step 2: A notice bar requesting “Perform OCR” will display at the top of the window after opening a scanned PDF file.
Utilize the OCR to convert the scanned PDF file to a Word document that you can edit. After clicking “Perform OCR,” a pop-up box will open. Choose “Editable Text” to turn a scanned PDF file into an editable one, and an OCR language by clicking “Change Language” on the pop-up box.
Step 3: Click the “To Word” button under the “Convert” tab. Make sure you choose “Only Scanned PDF” in the pop-up box from the “Settings” button. Click “OK” to start the scanned PDF to Word conversion.
PDFelement also allows you to edit PDF text, pictures, and pages and mark material with sticky notes, highlighting, and more. It also functions as a form filler, allowing you to create, amend, fill out quickly, and sign PDF forms.
Part 4: What Makes the Wondershare PDFelement so Unique?
These are the best features of Wondershare PDFelement:
- Edit PDFS Easily: PDFelement for Mac adds watermarks, links, extra pages, and background pictures to PDFs. It lets you move text boxes around. It enables you to annotate and highlight text like a PDF.
- Compare PDF files in a click: PDFelement’s Compare PDF feature marks every change, from text addition to text box and picture box positioning. You can present all modifications on the left panel, where you may retain or delete them. This makes it easier to see changes since you distributed them to business contacts. PDFelement colors difference red and insertions blue/violet.
- Simplified Batch Processing: PDFelement’s batch procedures boost productivity, saving time and energy—no need to watermark individual files or extract data from several files. Multi-file conversion is also possible. Wondershare’s PDFelement converts, create, and optimizes files in one step. All the alternatives are in front of you, while the tool guides you through the following stages when you choose the proper selection.
- Features For Team Collaboration: Comment, Share Files, Add Stamps, and Signature assist feature enhances team cooperation if your company’s files go through many department clearances. The tool offers Highlight, Underline, and Link options. You may also annotate using shapes, provide a detailed remark for further processing. PDFelement now supports Dropbox, Google Drive, and Wondershare Cloud, saving time and space.
- Add Digital Signatures and Password: Digital signatures allows the digitally signing of all PDF files for authentication. You may convert non-PDF files, add your signature, and transmit them. When you need a digital ID, it simplifies file passwords to a password-protected file that protects sensitive information from prying eyes. After password-protecting a file, you may effortlessly send it through email or cloud services. PDFelement may redact sharp text and paragraphs.
- Edit And Collect Form Data from Surveys: A survey or data collecting form is an excellent approach to obtain feedback on an entity, website, or product. Creating and sending a fillable PDF form to your audience is straightforward, but collecting data may be complex. PDFelement enables you to create, amend, and gather form data for analysis and store all responses as CSV files for analysis opened with the Excel tool.
- Intuitive Interface: Thankfully, PDFelement has this covered with its simple and uncluttered user interface. Additionally, you can position the selections near the top to be simple to find. The simple user interface also suggests that Knowledge Transfer sessions will likely be a shorter editor and underline crucial parts of official emails to call attention.
PDF is now the most widely used file format. Thus, obtaining the proper PDF tool for Mac OS X and Windows PC enables us to edit, convert, generate, and distribute PDFs. Internet searches will provide several PDF apps for Mac and Windows. However, we recommend PDFelement for Mac and Windows, a powerful PDF editor that makes it simple to edit, annotate, convert, merge, sign, and secure PDF files.
So, now that you know what is OCR PDF and its other elements try this exclusive software and make your PDFs come to life.
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
Top 50 Best Invoicing and Estimate Apps for iPhone and iPad
Resources1 week ago
TOP 135 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2023
Resources10 months ago
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Resources3 weeks ago
[Best Way] How to Recover WhatsApp Chat without Backup