You may want to launch your startup in the US, but you’re wondering which city has a critical mix of network, venture capital funding, and talent to drive your business. Silicon Valley has been providing a startup ecosystem for years now; however, you can find your way across the US.
The country has several metro areas with increasingly skilled workforces and growing infrastructures to support your startup. The majority of these cities have appeared in the rankings of top cities in the US for entrepreneurs and startups.
Therefore the article provides you with a list of significantly less expensive metro areas outside the East Coast and Silicon Valley to build your business.
1. Atlanta is the most populous city and the capital of Georgia. It has a blossoming tech culture, thus a top technology town in the US. The metro area has an exploding blend of opportunities. It’s one of the cheapest places to live in Georgia, and the cost of doing business is below the national average. There is a lot of labor from talented graduates leaving Georgia Tech and Emory University. Atlanta is the home to multinationals such as Coca-Cola Company, Porsche AG, and the Home Depot.
2. Austin City is the capital of Texas State and has a reasonable cost of living, high levels of education, and plenty of labor. It is the home to world-class multinationals like Google, Apple Inc, Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Samsung Group, Facebook, and PayPal, among others. These giants have changed the city as well as lured talents to this metro area. The small business community operating in this city is known for its supportiveness. Thus, Austin is not only offering lots of live music, but it’s also creating business.
3. Boston is located in Massachusetts and the most populous city in this state. This capital is the home to several tech startups targeting senior citizens. The city is ranked the top metro area for social venture startups and has overtaken New York for venture investment. Companies like General Electric, Fidelity Investments, and Cengage are located in this city.
4. Chicago is the most populous city in Illinois and the third in the US. The city’s tech proficiency is starting to get noticed in the startups’ ecosystem. The metro area has been climbing up the radar of the top cities in the US for startups and entrepreneurs due to its capital market and innovative culture. Although Chicago had scarce resources for startups, today, the city is the home to several businesses at different phases of their startup journey. Chicago is the home to Boeing.
5. Denver is the capital of Colorado that is attracting hordes of millennials after Austin. The city is technology-focused, thus attractive to angel investors. Some of its growing segments are machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, cryptocurrency, and blockchain. Further, the cannabis industry is responsible for its startups.
6. Detroit is the largest city in Southeastern Michigan that allows startups to stand out despite being a big city. The metro area has a low cost of living, plenty of talents and empty lots, and skyscrapers for purchase. Detroit has been the home to General Motors for many years.
7. Los Angeles is a city in the State of California that is known for its stars, sun, and surf. It falls behind New York and Silicon Valley as the largest hub for startups and the center for tech entrepreneurship. For that reason, it has attracted more investors and venture capital investment. Companies like Space X, Snapchat, and Oculus calls LA home. Further, the city is the center of the country’s film and television industry, as well as the headquarters of Hollywood. Therefore, Los Angeles is ideal for startups and entrepreneurs due to its vast potential.
8. Nashville is a city located in Tennessee and among the top ten fastest-growing cities in the US due to its impressive unemployment rate and creative work environment. The Nashville Entrepreneur center provides entrepreneurs with opportunities for co-working, networking, and workshops. You will find Genesco, Universal lighting technologies, Thomas Nelson publishing, and Jerry Jones Guitars here.
9. Salt Lake City is a mountainside city located in Utah, where the transcontinental highway and railroad crosses. The city is known for its world-class skiing, and it’s the home to Adobe, Oracle and Electronic Arts. Its cost of living is affordable when compared to other tech hot spots. The city has skilled labor due to its three major universities and several colleagues releasing qualified graduates every year. Further, Salt Lake City has business-friendly laws, thus a hotbed of startups and entrepreneurs.
10. Seattle is also among the fastest-growing cities in the USA. The city is located in Washington and is the home to Microsoft, Starbucks, and Amazon, among others. The city of Seattle has a booming tech industry, vibrant population, and a series of unique shops, exciting restaurants, and coffeehouses that are welcoming to entrepreneurs, startups, and small business owners. Although Seattle doesn’t have significant tax incentives, it offers economic development ventures and plenty of venture capital companies that nurture the development of startups and small businesses.
Other Rising Cities
The following cities are slowly growing towards becoming successful hubs for startups and entrepreneurial activity. These are; Charlotte, Columbus, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Baltimore, San Diego, and Pittsburgh.
It would be best if you considered other cities besides the Silicon Valley as you prepare to launch you’re your startup or even growing your existing business. The article has provided a list of cities with reasonable costs of living and doing business, plenty of skilled labor, attractive to venture capital, and a supportive busy community that is needed to fuel your startup or existing business.
These cities house some of the global giants like Amazon, Apple Inc, Microsoft, General Motors, Hollywood, and Boeing, among others. Indeed this makes them attractive for startups and entrepreneurs due to already established infrastructures. For that reason, you can commercialize your idea or expand your existing business in these top 10 cities in the US.
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
Top 50 Best Invoicing and Estimate Apps for iPhone and iPad
Resources2 weeks ago
TOP 135 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2023
Resources10 months ago
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Resources4 weeks ago
[Best Way] How to Recover WhatsApp Chat without Backup