Whether you’re a video content creator or a white-collar worker who needs to have frequent video meetings, you’ve encountered the following situations. You have a meeting coming up in a few minutes, or you’re about to start a video recording or live stream when you realize your room is a mess.
At that moment you don’t have a webcam green screen to hide your background. How to remove background from the webcam without a green screen?
Don’t worry, we are here with several free ways to remove the webcam background for your video production, streaming, and video chat without using a green screen.
Part 1. How to Remove Webcam Background without Green Screen
Removing the background with a green screen requires you to buy and install a green or blue screen, which will waste your time and money.
Even without a green screen, you can still use a webcam background removal tool like FineCam or OBS Studio on your Windows computer to change the background. Thus, you don’t have to move your computer and change your location to find the perfect background for a webcam call.
Method 1: Use FineCam to Remove Webcam Background
FineCam is popular webcam software that can use your iPhone as a webcam and get rid of the webcam background. It works seamlessly on both Mac and Windows devices.
The powerful background subtraction algorithm removes backgrounds with one click to help protect your privacy.
To remove the webcam background using FineCam, you should follow the steps below.
Download and install FineCam on your computer. Then open it.
Step 2. Choose the camera source
Click the three dots icon under the scene to select a camera. FineCam supports a laptop built-in camera, iPhone, USB webcam, digital camera, and virtual camera.
Step 3. Remove the background without a green screen.
Select the Background tab in the right sidebar and click the Remove option to erase the video background without a green screen.
Other Background Modifying Features:
- With Unsplash images, the virtual background library provides 1000+ free webcam backgrounds.
- the Chroma Key feature allows you to get a better background removal effect with a green screen.
- In addition to removing the background, FineCam allows you to blur the background or replace it directly with images, videos, PPT slides, web pages, application screens, and YouTube videos.
Method 2. OBS Studio to Remove Webcam Background
OBS Studio offers a large number of plugins for you to use and customize.
The Portrait Segmentation plugin provides an option for those who can’t use the green screen of their webcam in the room. You can download the plugin from the OBS official website.
Follow the steps below to learn how to use OBS to remove the background without a green screen.
- Download the Portrait Segmentation from the OBS website.
- Copy the installed file to the installation directory of the OBS program. It will automatically integrate the software piece into OBS.
- Download the latest version of OBS Studio to your computer.
- Launch it and create a new scene in the Scenes panel.
- In the Sources panel, add a new Video Capture Device and select your camera.
- Find the camera you just added in Sources. Right-click your camera and choose Filters in the popup menu.
- Find the Audio/Video Filters area on the left side of the new window, and click the “+” sign. Find and click Background Removal in the menu, and click OK to add the filter.
- You can adjust the settings to get better background removal performance.
- You have removed the background and now you can add an image or video as a background.
Part 2. How to Remove Webcam Background for Video Chat Platforms
Most video calling applications like Teams, Google Meet, and Zoom offer a virtual background feature that allows you to remove and change the webcam background of your webcam without a green screen.
Method 1. How to Remove Webcam Background in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams has released a virtual background feature that enables you to replace the original background with a virtual background. You can also blur the background or add custom backgrounds.
- Start a meeting on the Teams website or in the Teams desktop client.
- Click the More actionsicon on the top of your video, and choose Apply background effects.
- Select Blurto blur your background without a green screen, or replace it with the available backgrounds provided by Teams.
Method 2. How to Remove Webcam Background in Google Meet
Google Meet application developed Visual Effects feature that allows you to blur, add or upload backgrounds for your online meetings.
- Visit the official website of Google Meet or launch your Google Meet app.
- On the bottom of your video, click More (the three dots) and select Apply visual effects.
- Click a virtual background (GIF or photo provided by Google Meet) to replace your background without a green screen.
- You can blur slightly, completely blur the background or upload your desired background by clicking on the ‘+’ sign.
Removing the webcam background can improve the efficiency of effective communication and reduces the interference of environmental factors in conveying information.
A cluttered background in a classroom or academic seminar will distract the audience.
Another reason why you are recommended to remove webcam backgrounds is that a clean and tidy background shows your professionalism for the session or content. Doing so will also create a better impression on others.
Removing webcam backgrounds without a green screen can become tricky. However, it is not as difficult as it sounds.
If you follow any of the above-mentioned method step by step, you will be able to remove your webcam background and get a good look.
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup (iOS/Android)
Resources9 months ago
How to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Passcode without Restore
News4 weeks ago
How to Restore Deleted Data from Android Phones without Backup
Resources2 weeks ago
Wealth DNA Code Reviews – (WARNING) What Customers Real Experience? Update 2023!