A private social network is an online social environment where users can choose who they connect with and access their personal information. However, that’s not how social media sites like Facebook and Twitter work; they are public social networks.
In the current times, one of the fastest-growing areas of internet communication is private social networks. You can find all sorts of private social networks. They can be general or related to a specific niche like food, books, games, etc.
What do Private Social Networks offer?
- Create a private forum where users can freely participate in the discussion.
- Allow your team and members to share knowledge and suggestions.
- Gather information on community activities to analyze member behavior, interests, and preferences.
- Promote the brand and community activities in your area.
- For sales with members, encourage direct bookings.
- In your protected forum, use Chat to react to users in real-time.
- Provide your members with customized promotions and advertising possibilities.
- Promotions for “members only” can help to increase demand for your private community.
- Provide your members with focused programs and rewards.
How to create a Private Social Network?
Creating a Private Social Network is not as hard as you may think. On the contrary, it is quite easy when using WordPress. WordPress has a solution for everything, whether you’re building a basic blog or your own social community wordpress theme or social media network. WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) that lets you create and maintain a website without knowing how to code. It is the most widely used CMS globally, with over 40% of all websites using it.
For creating a Private Social Network in five minutes, follow these easy nine steps:
Step 1: Finding a niche
What will your specialization be? Do some thinking to find a niche that is right for you.
If you have a specialty, it’s preferable to create a niche-specific private social platform. Several social media sites have found success by concentrating on a niche. For example, LinkedIn is for professionals and job seekers, and Instagram is just for photos and videos.
Step 2: Domain and hosting
The domain name will represent your social networking platform. So, keep in mind that it shouldn’t be too difficult. You can purchase one from websites such as GoDaddy and google domains.
You must acquire a hosting service after obtaining a domain name. A hosting service provider assists you in maintaining your website’s backend, database, and availability. Bluehost, Hostinger, and Dreamhost offer some of the top hosting options available. There are several others from which to select.
Step 3: WordPress Installation
You have the option of installing WordPress manually or using the WordPress package offered by your hosting provider. This procedure takes only a few minutes.
Step 4: Installing the WordPress community plugin BuddyPress
BuddyPress is a free, open-source WordPress plugin that turns your site into a social networking platform. This plugin can be used to construct a general or niche-oriented private social networking website. Some of BuddyPress features are:
- User Profile
Profile creation and updates are simple, with profile photos and other information added according to the admin’s preferences.
Send and receive friend invitations from other platform users.
It’s simple to create and administer groups. You may even establish sub-groups inside sub-groups.
Members can talk with other members, send private messages, or participate in a group chat.
- Activity Stream
Using the activity stream, keep your pals up to date on what’s going on.
Step 5: Installing the WordPress community theme BuddyX Pro
BuddyX Pro is a five-star rated WordPress community theme based on the WordPress community plugin BuddyPress. It is a multipurpose WordPress theme that is most suitable for building community platforms. Some of the features that the BuddyX Pro theme provides are:
- One-click demos : The BuddyX theme comes with many demos imported with just a single click. Choose a demo and install it with a single click on your WordPress site.
- BuddyPress widget : The BuddyX theme comes with a BuddyPress widget that lets you quickly handle all aspects of BuddyPress functionality and our community page.
- Elementor and Gutenberg support : You may quickly and easily create and design website pages using the Elementor or Gutenberg page builders.
- Advanced theme customizer : We can quickly customize our website using the BuddyX theme’s Advanced Theme Customizer feature by selecting customization options on the left side of WordPress Theme Customizer or the right side of the live preview.
- Forms Integration : Popular WordPress Forms plugins such as Ninja Forms, WPForms, and Contact Form7 make it simple to add forms to your website.
- Multiple Header Variations : Before deciding on the most appealing header design for your website, try out a few alternative ones and select the one that best suits the layout.
- Responsive and fast : BuddyX is built on a lightweight architecture that enhances website performance and reduces page load times on mobile and desktop.
- RTL and Translation Capable : You can easily convert your web pages into a number of languages, including those written right to left like Persian, Hebrew, and Arabic, with this tool.
- Out of box plugin support : BuddyX theme supports various WordPress plugins, including BuddyPress, bbPress, LearnDash, WooCommerce, Dokan Multivendor, WCFM Marketplace, WP Job Manager, GamiPress, Yoast, WPML, and many others, allowing you to be as creative as you want.
BuddyX Pro pricing :
- Single website: $59/year or $199 for lifetime
- Five websites: $129/year or $299 for lifetime
- Unlimited websites: $399 for lifetime
Step 6: Downloading and installing a demo
Select among the many options, and with the help of the One-Click demo installation feature, download, install and go live with your website within a couple of minutes.
Step 7: Installing a WordPress Membership plugin
A WordPress membership plugin helps you in managing members by providing help a variety of tasks. Some of them are:
- Control access to content
- Creating multiple membership levels
- Automation of several tasks
- Collecting membership payments
There are many membership plugins in the WordPress plugin store, but the two top-rated membership plugins are MemberPress and Private Membership Pro. Choose any one of them.
Step 8: Installing BuddyPress addons
For adding some extended security and functionalities to our private social platform, we will be integrating two BuddyPress addons.
- BuddyPress Moderation Pro
Site owners can use BuddyPress Community Moderation Pro to keep their communities on track. Members of the community can use the community policy to moderate material throughout the site by attaching flags to content generated by the various components.
- BuddyPress Private Community Pro
BuddyPress Private Community Pro has a feature that locks down the BuddyPress Component and requires users to log in before viewing the profile or any other protected information. There are several options, such as removing the profile from Google’s indexing, making a profile available only to logged-in members, and so on. Allows for specialized features such as private messaging for various user roles, the ability to keep a member’s profile secret for friends, and much more.
Step 9: Start managing
Now, your website is live. Remember, it is only a single step. There is a long journey ahead. Manage the website wisely, grow your community, and with their support, grow yourself.
Shashank Dubey, a contributor of Wbcom Designs is a blogger and a digital marketer. He writes articles associated with different niches such as WordPress, SEO, Marketing, CMS, Web Design, and Development, and many more.
Twitter Handle – Wbcom Designs
Facebook Page – Wbcom Designs
Email id- email@example.com
Top of the month
Resources9 months ago
TOP 105 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2021
Tips and support4 months ago
Sponsored Posts: Everything You Should Know About Publishing It
Lifestyle1 year ago
15 Effective Ways of Dealing with Criticism & negative comments
Resources3 weeks ago
5 Simple Ways to Transfer Files and Photos from PC to iPhone without iTunes