There are still a couple of weeks before Christmas. To better enjoy the holiday, we have to sit at the desk, dealing with all the trifles or big messes beforehand for weeks. It often happens that we are immersed in work and sit still for hours out of our own will. Then there could be pain in buttocks, thigh pain, and more health consequences – sitting in one position is never a clever idea.
It can prove detrimental to your physical health and even culminate into a severe issue. In the following sections, learn all about the risks of sitting for long periods and the exercise tips given by Ativafit Home Fitness to resolve them!
Risks of Sitting for Long Hours
Some of the most life-threatening and altering diseases include:
1. Deep Vein Thrombosis
Deep Vein Thrombosis is a serious disease that occurs in the legs. After sitting for too long, on a plane, or while working, blood accumulates in the veins as clots.
These blood clots can break off, travel to the artery, and block the blood supply to the organs. This implies an emergency that can cause significant health complications or even death.
2. Weakening Legs and Gluteals (Bum Muscles)
By sitting for long spells, you’re effectively wasting away the leg and gluteal muscles. They play an essential role in stabilizing the body and walking. If these muscles remain unused for a while, they become weak and pose risks like falling while walking or straining during exercises.
3. Instigating Heart Disease
Studies have claimed that heart disease is another imminent threat emerging from sitting. It has been shown that men with a continuous screen time of 23 hours a week have more chances of dying from cardiovascular disease than those who only spend 11 hours.
4. Weight Gain
Moving about is essential for digesting the sugar and fats consumed throughout the day. However, sitting too much hinders this digestion process and keeps the fats as fat inside the body.
Even if you spend some time exercising but still sit for most of the day, you’re still risking diseases.
Tips to Combat Long Hours of Sitting
For workaholics and gamers, a simple solution is to get up, walk around, and reduce screen hours. But if you find yourself helpless because of the mandated sitting hours, then there are specific exercises you can indulge in:
- Take regular breaks to move around. Set reminders on your phone or laptop, and take a five to ten-minute break every hour. Besides, place a pair of adjustable dumbbells in the office so you can complete a short session of back workouts or leg workouts, engaging the locked joints and muscles.
- Start your day with at least 40 minutes of aerobic exercises. Cardio exercises help in increasing blood flow, improving heart health, and burning fat. For entrepreneurs, it is an efficient way to take exercises that work the whole body, such as jumping jacks, burpees, cycling, and extra.
- Keep a lookout for your posture. Bad posture can also result in adverse effects. If sitting on a chair throughout the day, use a stability ball to find the right position of your body weight and encourage the correct posture.
The Bottom Line
Sitting for long hours can be extremely harmful to your physical health. Before you realize it, it can permanently alter your body’s condition. So, before reaching such an abyss, climb back up with regular exercises.
Just move about a bit, and breathe in some fresh air. Utilize your free time moving about instead of sitting idle. Watch your health restore to its previous prowess as you become healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
Top 50 Best Invoicing and Estimate Apps for iPhone and iPad
Resources1 week ago
TOP 135 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2023
Resources10 months ago
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Resources3 weeks ago
[Best Way] How to Recover WhatsApp Chat without Backup