Keys are our trusty companions that provide access to our homes, offices, and cars. But sometimes, they can betray us by snapping inside the lock. Why does this happen? Let’s dive into the four common reasons and how to avoid such scenarios.
- 1. Wear and Tear Over Time:
- • Like everything else, keys are not immune to the rigors of time. Continuous usage leads to wear and tear, which weakens the structure of the key.
- • Keys made from soft metals or those which have been used for many years are more susceptible to this.
- 2. Using Excessive Force:
- • Jamming a key into a lock or using unnecessary force can easily cause it to break.
- • It’s always recommended to handle keys with care. If a lock is jammed, forcing the key is not the solution. In such situations, seeking the help of professional Houston locksmith is a smarter choice.
- 3. Mismatched Key and Lock:
- • Not all keys are created equal. Using the wrong key or a poorly duplicated key in a lock can lead to breakage.
- • Always ensure the key matches the lock, and if you’re getting copies, ensure they’re done by reliable locksmiths.
- 4. Poorly Maintained Locks:
- • Locks that aren’t maintained can accumulate dust, grime, or even rust, making it difficult for the key to turn smoothly.
- • Regularly cleaning and lubricating the locks can go a long way in preventing key breakages.
- • Regular Inspection: Periodically check your keys for signs of wear or damage. Replace worn-out keys promptly.
- • Proper Usage: Always use the correct key for the lock and avoid using excessive force.
- • Maintenance: Ensure your locks are clean and lubricated. Consider seeking professional help if unsure.
- • Seek Expertise: If a key doesn’t turn easily, don’t force it. Reach out to a reliable locksmith for assistance.
|Causes of Key Breakage
|Wear and Tear
|Replace keys regularly
|Use keys gently and with care
|Ensure proper key-lock combination
|Poorly Maintained Locks
|Clean and lubricate locks regularly
Key Materials Matter in Key Durability
When discussing key durability, the type of material from which the key is made plays a pivotal role. Keys made from softer metals like brass might be more vulnerable to damage over time compared to those crafted from stronger alloys. Moreover, counterfeit or sub-standard keys available at low prices can often be enticing but are typically not robust. It’s always best to get keys made from reputable sources, ensuring longevity.
Environmental Factors Effect the Key Longevity
External factors, particularly the environment, can contribute to the longevity of your keys and locks. For instance, if you reside in coastal areas, the salty air might accelerate the rusting of the locks. Rust can make the lock internals stiff, increasing the chance of your key breaking. By understanding your surroundings and taking protective measures, such as using rust-resistant locks and keys, you can greatly mitigate such risks.
In this era of technological advancement, it might be worth considering shifting to keyless or electronic lock systems. Not only do they eliminate the concern of physical key breakage, but they also provide enhanced security features, including access codes, biometrics, or even smartphone-controlled mechanisms. Companies like 24/7 Mobile Locksmith In Houston are at the forefront of such advancements, offering modern solutions to age-old problems. Call 24/7 Mobile Locksmith In Houston at (713) 623-3637.
Storage and Handling of Keys
How you handle and store your keys can affect their lifespan. For example, if you frequently toss your keys into a drawer or bag without care, they may develop minor damages, making them susceptible to breakage. Consider using key holders or cases. Not only do they prevent potential damage to the keys, but they also keep them organized.
Call Experts If You Ever Find Yourself in a Situation Where Your Key Breaks!
While keys breaking inside locks can be a frustrating experience, being aware of the reasons and taking preventative measures can help in avoiding such mishaps. Moreover, should you ever find yourself in a situation where your key breaks, it’s essential to have a reliable and expert locksmith service at your beck and call.
Speaking of reliability, call 24/7 Mobile Locksmith in Houston, TX is a name synonymous with trust and professionalism in the locksmith industry. With their vast experience and impeccable service, they stand out as experts in their field, ensuring that all your locksmith needs are taken care of swiftly and efficiently. Whether it’s a broken key or a jammed lock, you know who to call for assistance that never disappoints.
24/7 Mobile Locksmith
3255 Las Palmas St #263
Houston, TX, 77027
Top of the month
News2 months ago
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup (iOS/Android)
News2 months ago
How to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Passcode without Restore
News2 months ago
How to Restore Deleted Data from Android Phones without Backup
Resources2 months ago
TOP 154 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2024