Managed detection and Response goes by many names such as Endpoint Detection and Response or maybe even XDR. The technologies might vary by bit, but the most common dominator is that MDR will assist your organization with its proactive threat and detection and Response.
What is Managed Detection and Response?
MDR is the outsourced managed security service that provides advanced protection over endpoints. MDR gives more advanced and deeper detection and also the ability to stop malware in its different tracks. Mostly, MDR used AI and ML for deeper security analysis.
Why should you choose MDR Security?
Do you need the Managed detection and response service? Isn’t the antivirus just enough to protect the endpoints? Here are a few questions that you must ask yourself in the process of choosing if MDR is right for you.
- Do you have any way to detect malicious executives before setting them in working mode and prevent them from being implemented if they are bad?
- How are you controlling how scripts are being used in your environment at the moment?
- Are you prepared to fully protect yourself from file-less malware attacks?
- How are you thinking about protecting yourself from phishing attacks?
What are the Benefits of Managed Detection and Response?
When you have outsourced the management of your managed detection and remediation to us at Expel, we will be able to:
- Perform root cause analysis for blocked threat or any other artifact deemed as important found on any endpoint
- Proactively search all endpoints for signs of threats, commonly called threat hunting
- Take decisive action when the security incident or potential incident is recognized.
Suspicious Activity Validation:
We use AI-based threat prevention that runs locally on your endpoint, which has a field-proven record of preventing over 99% of threats that may be known or unknown. Time is of the essence when it is the case of a security incident. Our analysts may take decisive action when the security incident is recognized or the threat to be mitigated.
Analysts and experts can investigate any endpoint in your surrounding to know if the activity is, in fact, of errors. Real attack data is also an invaluable source of intelligence for the security team. Without using the sandbox technology, our analysts may get a glimpse into the mind of attackers and how they will try to compromise an endpoint.
Threat Hunting and Suspicious Activity Detection:
Using AI, our analysts will stamp out the potential compromise before it has a chance to do any harm. With the curated set of forensically relevant data over your endpoints, you also get the script control, application control, memory protection, and device usage management to block any additional threat vectors.
Using MDR will allow you to discover what traditional antivirus has missed, give you improved threat intelligence with AI, boost visibility in endpoints, etc. You are well set with using MDR for your benefit to protect you from fraud and cloud security breaches.