Hotels are in a unique position to provide an unforgettable guest experience. They can offer guests an array of amenities and services, from room service and fitness centers to spas and fine dining. And by incorporating new technologies into their offerings, hotels can transform travel experiences into extraordinary opportunities for exploration, learning, and relaxation.
Here are some of the top technologies that will elevate your hotel’s guest experience:
AI is a computer system that can learn, think, and act like humans. It’s one of the most important technologies today, as it has become an integral part of people’s daily lives.
Hotels can use AI to improve guest experiences by automating tasks such as room service orders or answering questions about local attractions through chatbots on social media channels like Facebook Messenger. Another example is using AI-powered virtual assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Home to answer common questions from guests who need help during their stay at your hotel.
AI also helps personalize each guest experience so they feel they’re being treated individually rather than just another number on your bookshelf! For example, AI can record dishes ordered, or a local destination visited by a customer and accordingly recommend more options.
The use of AI has constantly increased in the hotel industry, and it is expected to do the same in the future. According to Global News Wire, the global AI in the hospitality industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% between 2021 to 2026.
The use of virtual reality (VR) is a great way to enhance the guest experience. By creating immersive experiences, VR can help you make every guest’s stay memorable and give them a better understanding of what it’s like to be at your hotel.
Virtual reality has been used in many industries to provide customers with an enhanced experience. One example is the tourism industry, where VR is expected to boom. What travel agencies can do is use VR to give potential travelers tours around exotic locations they’ve never been to. Now hotels are starting to adopt this technology as well.
Hotel managers can also use this immersive technology to train staff members to offer better experiences to customers. You can see this in action with an airline company KLM. KLM is using VR to train crew members in a simulated environment.
In the hotel space, managers can train new staff in a simulated hotel environment that reflects the actual hotel. With VR, managers can create different scenarios and train staff on handling each one.
Hotel Entertainment Solutions
Now, it’s time to get serious. Visitors will not just listen to music and watch videos in your hotel room. They will need something more, and that’s where a hotel entertainment solution comes into the picture. A hotel entertainment solution allows personalizing the content customers want to watch during their stay in your hotel.
And that’s just the beginning of what you can expect from entertainment solutions. There’s more:
- Remote control devices with touch screens and interactive displays allow guests to control their room’s lighting, temperature, and other aspects from their beds or couches without getting out of bed or leaving their seats!
- Casting service that lets customers cast anything from their smartphone onto a TV.
Smart rooms are equipped with technology that can help guests. Technology can make the room more comfortable, efficient, and secure.
- Comfort: Smart rooms have smart thermostats that adjust the temperature based on your preferences. They also have air purifiers to remove allergens from the air in your room and an Amazon Alexa voice assistant that lets you control various functions using voice commands.
- Efficiency: Smart rooms have sensors that detect when guests enter or leave their room, so they know when housekeeping needs to come by for cleaning service. This helps hotels save money on labor costs because there’s no need for staff members to walk around knocking on doors asking if anyone is still occupying their space they already know!
- Security: Smart technology allows hotels’ security teams access to guest rooms whenever necessary, but only upon request by guests who wish for privacy and peace of mind!
- Contactless services: Smart rooms allow contactless services. For example, a customer can interact with a smart device like Alexa to switch on room lights. Contactless services have become crucial post the pandemic. The Hospitality in 2025 Report shows that 40% of the 5,000 surveyed consumers said contactless is the #1 must-have in hotels.
IoT (Internet of Things) can be used in hotels to monitor guest room temperature, humidity, and air quality. This information can be sent directly from sensors in the room to the hotel’s management team, so they know when a guest requires maintenance work on their air conditioning unit or heaters.
IoT can also be used in hotels to monitor energy usage throughout the building. If there are any areas where energy is being wasted or not used efficiently, this information will show up on your dashboard, meaning less money spent on electricity bills!
Chatbots or Voice Navigation
Chatbots or voice navigation can be used to answer guest questions. Chatbots are an excellent way for guests to get information about their stay, including hotel amenities and local attractions. Guests can also use the chatbot to communicate with the hotel, such as making dinner reservations or booking a spa treatment.
In addition, hotels should consider using voice navigation to offer an immersive experience through technology by giving guests directions around the property without having them pull out their phones whenever they want directions on where something is located within the property.
Chatbots can enable self-service, which is crucial in improving guest experiences. Today, most hotel visitors don’t want to interact with the service team now and then for basic requirements. They want to have a self-service portal where they can handle basic things, like ordering food themselves. According to recent research, 73% of travelers will likely book and stay at a self-service hotel.
We hope you’ve better understood how leading hotels use cutting-edge technology to elevate guest experiences. From chatbots and voice navigation to virtual reality and smart technology, there are many ways to incorporate these technologies into your business.
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup (iOS/Android)
Resources9 months ago
How to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Passcode without Restore
News4 weeks ago
How to Restore Deleted Data from Android Phones without Backup
Resources2 weeks ago
Wealth DNA Code Reviews – (WARNING) What Customers Real Experience? Update 2023!