Why Will you Need A Registered Agent?
You will need a registered agent to form a limited liability company (LLC) or to start a corporation in Florida. The selection of a registered agent is necessary before you file the article of your organization in Florida.
Do you know what a registered agent is? Do you who can become your registered agent? Here we will look at important details that you must know regarding registered agents.
What Is A Registered Agent In Florida?
Any individual or business entity who is a resident of Florida or a company working in Florida, who agrees to accept and attend all the legal notices like tax notifications, to receive all legal documents as lawsuit papers, etc. Or any other officials mails will be your registered agent in Florida. This agent will receive all the official documents and notices related to your registered business, corporation, or LLC in Florida. Therefore it is necessary to have a registered agent before filling the article of your business.
What Are The Requirements And Responsibilities For A Registered Agent?
Now one must think of what specifications are necessary to be a registered agent and what the responsibilities of a registered agent are. So following are the enlisted essential requirements and responsibilities for a registered agent.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The agent must have a physical registered office or street location in the state of Florida so that the notifications and documents can be delivered to the agent at that address.
- It should be available at the provided address in business hours (9 am to 5 pm) so that the mails can be handed over to him during business hours.
- The agent, when receiving any mail or notification, should send it to you or the respective client in time.
- Sometimes the registered agent also agrees to provide services regarding filing documents for registration.
- May also agrees to send reminders for due dates for license renewal or annual reports.
Who Can Be Your Registered Agent?
There is no specific qualification required for someone to be a registered agent for your LLC. Anyone who has the requirements mentioned above can be a registered agent.
By meeting the above requirements, you can also be your registered agent or can have any of your trusted friends or a working member of your LLC as your Florida registered agent. Other than this, you can also hire a commercial registered agent service as your registered agent.
Hiring A Florida Registered Agent Services And Its Benefits:
Different companies provide Florida Commercial Registered Agent Services. One can contact the companies to get a registered agent. The process can be made online or through sending mail after printing and filling the form online. The Florida Registered Agent Services may charge a hundred dollars to three hundred dollars per year. The charges may make this service expensive, but it makes you save your time and money later. Following are the benefits of having a Registered Agent Service in Florida:
- You can keep your privacy as the address mentioned on all your documentation related to your LLC would be of your registered agent.
- One always needs to be available in business hours to receive the official mails and notices at the address provided. Therefore it becomes convenient for you to operate your business without being at the address all the time as your registered agent will do it for you.
- You’ll not have to worry about the due dates of your business license of tax etc. as the registered agent will remind you before time. So you have peace of mind avoiding all these details yourself.
- Your national registered agent can provide you with the services related to your expanded business in other states.
- Any sue notice will be sent to your agent, and you will not have to worry about receiving it in front of your LLC working members or customers.
If you want to find out more about Registered agents services in Florida read more here.
Top 9 of the month
Resources2 hours ago
100 Crowdfunding Sites from 40 Countries
Resources5 hours ago
3 Reasons Estate Planning Is Necessary
INNOVATORS VS COVID 196 hours ago
Peter A. Agelasto IV of Starchive Tells Us How He is Disrupting Expensive Digital Asset Management from the Comfort of His Home
INNOVATORS VS COVID 193 hours ago
Martin M. Zorn of Kamakura Corporation Tells Us How Developing Deep and Personal Relationships With clients Has Helped The Startup to Thrive During the Pandemic