It has been a few months since you did any activities that took you out of your comfort zone. Your work seems repetitive. Your goals don’t excite you as much as they used to. In the office, you are quite simply bored. Might it be the time to apply for a position that is more rewarding for you?
Complete a skills assessment
Skills assessments are often recommended for professional retraining and so they are accessible to employees in the private and public sectors, as well as to job seekers. They are used within the company development framework or employees career development plan.
Skill assessment should be carried out by a certified external professional and the goal is to define an individual’s skills, establish a career path, and training needs in order to help employees set their career development.
Take courses to develop new skills
After the skills assessment, the expert should recommend a wide range of courses to improve employee’s technical skills or soft skills. Soft skills are a major asset that each employee needs especially when they are working towards attaining a position of responsibility or a managerial position.
The organization can make such courses mandatory in order to help their employees perform their roles as expected. In other words, employers should train their employees to help them upgrade their skills and bridge knowledge gaps, thus making them more productive. Also, employees can request training if they feel that doing so will improve their performance.
Negotiate a new position in your company
To grow professionally an employee should have great negotiation skills because they will help them request a promotion or salary increment especially when they are top performers. Here are some tips on how you can negotiate with your employer:
- Make sure your career progression matches your personal values.
- Talk to the HR manager as soon as you realize that you need that position.
- Find out about internal job vacancies.
- Subtly convey your willingness to take up more roles especially during informal conversations.
- Take advantage of employer’s training opportunities.
- Be observant of any changes in the company’s HR strategy: Do they want to recruit? Is the company creating a new department, product or expanding? Check out for a slowdown in activities or merging of departments for this is an opportunity to ask for more responsibilities to avoid being laid off.
Top of the month
Resources2 weeks ago
TOP 135 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2023
Resources3 months ago
Top 50 Best Invoicing and Estimate Apps for iPhone and iPad
Resources10 months ago
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Resources4 weeks ago
[Best Way] How to Recover WhatsApp Chat without Backup