Recovering PST files with Microsoft Outlook PST Fix software
Researchers estimate that users sending and receiving billions of daily emails using Microsoft Outlook in 2023 will always face the risk of missing data and corruption of PST files for reasons associated with hardware and software issues and virus attacks.
To access vital email messages with necessary attachments, personal folders, contacts, notes, and more, we advise using Microsoft Outlook PST Fix software for PC and Online service for recovering Outlook data files for any other platforms and mobile devices. These tools from Recovery Toolbox are designed for Outlook Data Files (.PST and .OST) in Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and Outlook 2007.
Method #1. A .PST file recovery with the Inbox Repair tool.
If you cannot open your Outlook data file or suspect that the file is damaged, use the Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE) if you need to diagnose and repair errors in your Outlook data file in the following situations:
- Outlook can’t open your data file
- Outlook can’t open the set of folder
- Outlook data file may be damaged
The Inbox Repair tool will not connect and analyze any data in an Exchange mailbox. Instead, the tool only checks errors (corruption), and if there are any, it allows the tool to fix those errors.
You may need to locate your Outlook Data Files in Outlook before repairing corrupt .pst files:
- First, select File, Choose Account Settings, and Click Account Settings.
- Next, select the Data Files
- You will see all Outlook Data Files (.PST) and Offline Data Files (.OST) listed, along with the account name the files are associated with.
To repair an Outlook (.PST) file first Exit Microsoft Outlook and go to one of these locations:
- For Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
1. Open SCANPST.EXE.
2. Next, Click Browseto choose the Outlook Data File (.PST) you want to scan.
3. Click Startto scan.
4. If the scan finds errors, Click Repairto start fixing them.
5. When the process is complete, start Outlook with the profile associated with the Outlook Data File you just repaired.
Please note that the scan creates a backup file during the repair process. If you want to change the default name or location of this backup file, in the Enter name of the backup file box, enter a new name, or choose to Browse to select the file you want to use.
The Inbox Repair tool creates a backup file with the same name as the original, but with a .bak extension, and saves it in the same folder. If you want to recover items from the backup (.bak) file make a copy of the .bak file and rename it with a bak.pst extension. For example, email@example.com. Then, import the bak.pst file into Outlook.
In your Microsoft Outlook go to File | Open & Export | Import Export | Import from another program or file.
You may need to run the tool several times to repair your Outlook Data File. Some items may not be recovered if they were permanently deleted or corrupted. In these cases, we recommend using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, the popular tool for repairing Outlook .PST files.
Method #2. Recover .PST file with Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
Recover .PST file for Outlook software is a complete solution that enables users to recover corrupted Microsoft Outlook data and save them to a new file. This tool is ideal for recovering corrupted or faulty Microsoft Outlook personal folders from Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 OST files and converting them into .PST format.
The .PST file recovery tool restores data from damaged Outlook files and repairs errors in Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, and Outlook for Microsoft 365 as:
- The file Outlook.pst cannot be opened.
- “Fatal Error 80040818” when you try to repair the PST file.
- “An unknown error prevented access to the file. Error 0x80070570.”
Features of the PST File Fixer
- OST to PST converter
- Repairing PST files of Microsoft Outlook 97-2003 (ANSI format).
- Repairing PST files from Microsoft Outlook 2007-2016 and above (UNICODE format).
- Repairing 2Gb error for PST files from Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/2003/XP.
- Repairing password-protected/encrypted PST and OST files.
- Reading and recovering encrypted PST or OST files.
- Free OST viewer.
- Recovering Outlook emails.
1. Download Recovery Toolbox for Outlook here https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/fix-pst-file/
2. Install Recovery Toolbox for Outlook on PC
3. Run Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
4. Choose a PST file on the first page of the program
5. Select the Recovery mode
6. View the content of the PST file
7. Select a folder for saving converted data
8. Select the Save as PST file mode
9. Click Save
You will need to have Recovery Toolbox for Outlook installed on your computer with a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows to recover a very large Microsoft Outlook PST file (more than 4 GB).
If this software is installed, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook won’t be limited to the size of operating data that 32-bit systems have. The program will be able to completely fix and save the data in a new PST file when working with the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Windows. If Microsoft Outlook 32-bit is installed on the computer, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook will be limited to the amount of RAM that can be used in the restoration of data.
Method #3. Outlook Repair .PST Online Option
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook supports the online service of repairing a corrupt .PST file. With this unique option, you don’t need to install any software on your PC; the tool’s functionality allows users to repair a PST. File on any platform (PC/ macOS) and device (iOS/Android). All you have to do is upload a corrupt .PST and get it repaired at the following address:
- Click the Select file button. Choose an Outlook data file with the extension .pst or .ost
- Enter your valid email address
- Click the Continue button
- Wait for the corrupted .PST/.OST Microsoft Outlook file to be recovered
- Download the recovered Microsoft Outlook PST file
The data newly recovered from the corrupted Microsoft Outlook file will be saved as a new Microsoft Outlook 2016 file with the PST extension in Unicode format making it possible to recover .PST Microsoft Outlook Personal Folder files on any device with a browser.
With Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, you can fix any PST files of different versions: ANSI (Outlook 97-2003), Unicode (2007 and above), and repair password-protected files. With the online Outlook recovery tool, it’s easy to fix the error online on any device and have no difficulty fixing encrypted PST files and restoring PST files of any version.
Highly acclaimed by users Recovery Toolbox for Outlook utilizes the most advanced PST file-analysis methods aimed at opening Outlook data files with different degrees of damage inflicted by all types of accidents like virus attacks, power failures, network errors, hardware problems, software bugs, RAID or HDD failure, and others.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook can recover all types of objects from damaged Exchange Server (OST) and Outlook (PST) storage files: email messages with attachments, contacts, notes, tasks, and more. You can also use the Outlook PST fixer as a PST viewer.
Recovery Toolbox is a software developer, ISV vendor, and distributor company based in Varna, Bulgaria. The company’s multinational team of software engineers specializes in developing and introducing easy-to-use practical tools like Recovery Toolbox for Outlook for .OST/.PST recovery and repair. Over the past 20 years, more than 100,000 customers have endorsed our data care solutions tailored to the needs of end-users and enterprises. We offer industry-leading online data recovery/repair technology and offline data recovery software to repair a wide range of corrupted and damaged files. Being an ISDEF member – the International Society of Data Engineers – the company has made every effort to provide users with innovative, value-adding data recovery software products, making Recovery Toolbox one of the most trusted data care companies in the world.
Outlook is part of our daily routine. We use it to send email messages, set up calendar events, and create tasks and other items. For Microsoft 365, Exchange, and Outlook.com accounts, all information is stored on the server, but an offline copy is also stored on a local computer in an Offline Outlook Data File (.OST). For POP and IMAP accounts, Outlook items are located in an Outlook Data File (.PST). If you need to fix an Outlook Data File (.PST), you can do that in a few simple steps using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook by installing the tool on your PC or recovering a corrupt .PST file on the go using the Repair Outlook online option.
Top of the month
Resources3 months ago
Top 50 Best Invoicing and Estimate Apps for iPhone and iPad
Resources7 days ago
TOP 135 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2023
Resources10 months ago
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Resources3 weeks ago
[Best Way] How to Recover WhatsApp Chat without Backup