Part 1. Preparations Before Transfer
First things first, you should prepare a few things before you transfer your data across devices. Let’s take a look at them now.
- Back up your device!
- Make sure both of your devices are sufficiently charged. We recommend at least 50% on both.
- Keep USB cables close to connect your phones to a computer.
- Turn ON your computer. You’d either need a PC or a Mac.
- Connect to a stable and fast WiFi network. Slow WiFi can interrupt the process.
Part 2. Transfer Android to iPhone Before Setup via Move to iOS
To transfer contacts from Android to iPhone before setup, or any other kind of data for that matter, you can use the official Move to iOS app. Move to iOS is created by Apple and allows you to transfer data from Android to iOS.
But it only works if you haven’t already set up your iPhone. If you’ve already set up your iPhone, then you need to perform a factory reset to it and this will cause data loss.
Here’s how it goes.
- Proceed through the Quick Start process on your iPhone.
- When prompted to transfer data from an old device, select to transfer from an Android device.
- Install and open Move to iOS on your Android.
- Enter the code displayed on the iPhone into the Move to iOS app on Android.
- Follow the instructions to start the process.
- Wait for the transfer to complete.
Part 3. Transfer Android to iPhone After Setup Without Resetting – 4 Ways
Way 1: Transfer Android to iPhone in 30 Minutes by iTransGo (Top)
Want to know how to transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup as seamlessly as possible? iTransGo is your best bet. With iTransGo, you don’t need to be on the setup page to transfer data, so you don’t have to reset your iPhone either.
Plus, you can pick and choose exactly what kind of data you want to transfer. And the transfer speed is much faster than Move to iOS. You may transfer your Android data to iPhone in 30 minutes.
Here’s how it goes.
- Download and install iCareFone iTransGo on your computer, then open it. Click “Start”.
- Connect both devices (Android and iPhone) to your computer using USB cables. Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone by following the on-screen instructions. Trust the computer on your iPhone by following the on-screen instructions. Hit “Start”.
- Select the types of data you want to transfer.
- After the scan is complete, hit “Transfer Data”.
- Wait for the process to complete. It may take some time depending on how much data you have.
Way 2: Transfer Calendars/Contacts to iPhone via Google
To transfer your contacts or calendars, all you have to do is log in to your Google account on your iPhone.
But, be noted that this method is limited as you can’t use it to transfer files from android to iPhone. You can only use it for contacts and calendars.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Contacts > Accounts.
- Select “Add Account”.
- Select Google from the list of accounts.
- Sign in with the same Google account that you use on your Android phone.
- When asked which data to sync, make sure to select Contacts and Calendar.
- Wait for a few minutes for the sync process to complete.
Way 3: Transfer Media Files from Android to iPhone through iTunes
Alternatively, you can also use iTunes to perform an Android to iOS data transfer.
However, the limitation of this method is that it only works with media files such as music. You can’t transfer other data types with it.
If that’s fine for you, here’s what you must do.
- Connect your Android phone to the PC.
- Copy the files from your Android storage and paste them into any folder you desire on your PC.
- Remove the Android device and connect your iPhone to the computer using USB cable.
- Open iTunes and pick your device.
- On your computer’s storage, choose the content you want to transfer and select Sync.
- Wait for the process to complete. It may take a while depending on how much media you have.
Way 4: Transfer Android to iPhone by Google Drive/Dropbox
Another way to transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup is through cloud services. You can use any service for this method, like Google Drive and Dropbox.
We’re going to use Google Drive. Here’s what you have to do:
- Open Google Drive on your Android phone.
- Tap the upload icon and upload any files you want to back up.
- To back up photos and videos, you can use the Google Photos app. To do that, open the app, turn ON Backup & Sync, and wait for everything to upload.
- Now, download and open Google Drive on your iPhone and download all the files.
- To get your photos, install Google Photos on your iPhone from the App Store.
- Open Google Photos and your photos will be there waiting for you.
FAQS about Transferring Android to iPhone
1. Will my WhatsApp data be transferred to my new iPhone?
If you use Move to iOS, your WhatsApp data will be moved across devices. However, if you’ve already set up the iPhone, you can use Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer for the job.
2. What to do if something is not transferred after using Move to iOS?
Sometimes, Move to iOS doesn’t transfer everything it’s supposed to. In such cases, you can use Tenorshare iTransGo to transfer all the remaining data.
3. How long does Move to iOS take?
Move to iOS can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on how much data you have.
The Bottom Line
And that’s how to transfer Android to iPhone!
Apple’s proprietary method to go from Android to iOS is the Move to iOS app. However, it requires you to be in the setup process of the iPhone. If you’ve already set up the iPhone, iTransGo is your best bet.
Top of the month
News2 months ago
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup (iOS/Android)
News2 months ago
How to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Passcode without Restore
News2 months ago
How to Restore Deleted Data from Android Phones without Backup
Resources2 months ago
TOP 154 Niche Sites to Submit a Guest Post for Free in 2024